Success is all about ATTITUDE.
It’s a true statement. It’s a hard to swallow statement. The truth is that ultimately WE are in control of the day we’re having. It’s easy to say, well, if you just have an attitude adjustment, then things will get better, but we know it’s not THAT easy. Having a good attitude takes practice. LOTS of practice. I struggle with this, just like everyone else, but I also know this axiom and I take it to heart. When things are getting bad, and they will get bad, I know that it’s the attitude that I approach the problem with that ultimately defines how this will work out. I just read this amazing article about ATTITUDE by Grey Hoy (brought to my attention by my all-time favorite blogger, Tina Eisenberg of Swiss Miss) and he outlines the positive attributes of successful people, and almost every single one as to do with attitude.
- They are humble. Their success doesn’t consume them.
- They are on time. On time for work, on time for meetings, on time for the train. They hate wasting their own time, and as a byproduct, anyone else’s.
- They always appreciate what they have. And as a result, they usually get more.
- They are universally respectful—to their friends, their boss, or to the person that makes their sandwich for lunch.
- They don’t let work consume them.
- They make sacrifices for the benefit of others.
- They are patient.
- They put in the extra effort when it’s needed, without any strings attached.
- They resolve issues or conflicts directly.
- They respectfully push back. It’s easy to push back. To do so with respect takes skill.
- They trust their colleagues.
Humility. Trust. Respect. Patience. Gratitude. We have it in us to be all these things, but we have to take each one and put it in to practice every day.
## end pep talk #1 ##
Now get out there and have a kick-ass day. ;)