I’m excited to launch my first Pippin + Pearl Decorator Challenge and to give one of my readers a chance to win a custom 24″ x 24″ painting by yours truly. 🙂 The Decorator Challenge is simple. You take one of the images of the paintings shown below and create a room around them. Choose wall color, furniture, draperies, accessories, lighting, rugs and anything else you can think of that would complement the artwork.
If you’re a whiz at Photoshop, you can lay it out that way, or if you prefer, simply create a board on Pinterest and add all the elements there. You will then post a link here in the comment section to your layout image or Pinterest board. You can enter up to five rooms (one for each of the paintings listed) and each one will be judged separately. I will be enlisting the help of my friend, Sunshine Campbell of BD HOME & DWELL MAGAZINE, in judging the entries. There are a few rules that you must adhere to for your entry to be considered, so read the rules below carefully before entering.
1) Create an image layout (no larger than 1024 pixels wide at 72 dpi) and post on your blog/Flickr (somewhere that is public so we can view the image) — OR, alternately, you can create a board on Pinterest labeled “Pippin + Pearl Decorator Challenge” and curate all your items there.
2) EVERY SINGLE ITEM in your layout or board MUST be credited to the proper source. This includes my paintings. If you do not include a link to every source for your board items as well as this blog post in your entry, it will be not be eligible for consideration in this challenge. Crediting sources is important and if you participate in the decorator challenge, you are responsible for making sure your items are labeled and linked properly. If you’re not sure of the source, then don’t use the item.
3) You MUST post the layout or board link here in the comment section.
4) You may enter up to five rooms using each one of the paintings shown below, but you may not have any overlap in your items. i.e., you can’t use the same chair in one that you use in another. Each board must be original.
5) You may also receive a bonus entry (after entering at least one board) for tweeting about this challenge using the hashtag #decoratorchallenge and our twitter name @pippinpearl or @pippinpearlblog. Simply post the link to your tweet in our comment section.
6) Do not alter the painting images. They must not be cropped, color adjusted, or otherwise changed in appearance in anyway. Framing or matting the image is encouraged. You may resize them, but take care to constrain proportions. Overlapping items on the edges of the painting image is expected in a design layout, but be sure that the painting is the central item and not covered up by all the room items.
7) You will be judged on your overall design coolness factor. 🙂 Originality, complementing the artwork with color, texture, theme. There is a lot of room for creativity here and we are super excited to see what our design lovin’ friends come up with.
This contest ends on April 2nd, 2012. We will announce the winner on April 9th, 2012. Winner will receive a custom 24″ x 24″ painting created by Erin Cooper and shipped to their home. Decorator Challenge open to U.S. Residents only. Good luck!